Saturday, June 4, 2011


Watch Know US History Videos
Here is a site that brings together many different (416) short films on US history. Increasingly I have started linking my students' webpage to short video and then showing them in class to highlight a concept I am teaching. For those of you who have been around a long time (like me), you don't have to worry about the students staying after school since they can watch it at home if they miss a particular class. Topics include colonial, founding fathers, constitutional history, westward expansion, civil war, civil rights, Native Americans, Jamestown, Dust Bowl, female pioneers, 1929 Wall Street Crash and much more. Above is a rather cool video take by Thomas Edison of the Statue of Liberty in 1898. For my money you can use the video to highlight immigration, Edison and early movie making.

No comments: