Monday, September 1, 2014

Why Study History?

More often than not, the students who will walk in my classroom for the first time this coming Tuesday (yes I am getting excited for year #24) do not appreciate the reasons for studying history.  So the very first exercise we will carry out will be to consider why we should study it.  If you have a similar plan you might like the these two short clips.  The one above, your students will like best and the one above (only the first minute), you will appreciate more.

1 comment:

Mrs. Bright said...

I am so happy I found this blog. I am a pre-service history teacher earning my M.A.T. right now. I love this post. Many students don't seem excited about learning history and it can be a challenge to get some of them excited about it. These videos are great and I plan on doing something similar when I get my own classroom.