Sunday, November 9, 2014

How to Write the New APUSH Free Response Questions


Last year I created a video for my government students on how to write an essay and was surprised by how much it helped them - without me - while they were at home.   Of course after four years of flipping I shouldn't be surprised by the strength of flipping.

At any rate above is a video from this summer on how to write the DBQ for AP US history.  The key, of course, is to remind your students that they are writing an essay with both facts they know and ones they get from the documents.  Kids like to say "According to Doc 1" as opposed to putting the name in parentheses (as in (Doc 1) and using the information in a sentence.

Below are two videos on how to write the other two.  All come from Jocz Productions.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for another fantastic posting. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a speech next week, and I was looking for more info.
kizidaily.com , friv2gamers.com